Jul 29, 2022
Join Jimmy Graham and special guest Jason Campbell (086) as they share their thoughts and discuss actionable items for schools with regards to an active shooter situation.
When one is asked "What can we do?" the answer is we all need to work harder.
Three key topics and action items moving forward…
1. People and Training
- train to a repeatable and a defendable standard
- the standard must look like the actual response
- in an emergency, everyone has a job to do and the roles are to be determined in advance
- run, hide, fight was a good first step and the time has come to migrate to the D.E.F.E.N.D. modules (Defense, Evacuate, Fortify, Emergency Medical Aid, Notify Others in the Immediate Area, Dial 911)
2. Architectural design and building improvements similar to target hardening of US Embassies
- vestibule and/or man trap to prevent an intruder from following someone in
- give the protectors time to assume a posture
- to get to them, you have to go through me
- whose job is it to secure this school?…mine
- we the people must make the correction
- model these three action items and topics for the rest of the nation